Web Blog 6.
Evaluation.
On the day it went very smoothly with no hiccups, our extensive planning paid off, although due to circumstances beyond our control we had to deviate from our original plan, this included last minute changes to the focus of the event, having to completely change the angle at which we were pitching the event to our audience e.g. it went from an annual event encouraging young people to do the course, to a one off event enticing young people into the media industry. Another problem we encountered related to the above problem was a lot of things had gone to press & banners & flyers were printed so we had to contact all of the companies in concern & make sure all evidence of the previous idea had been scrapped. Having looked at the feedback if I was to do this project again I would pitch it more of a round table discussion with the guest speakers answering the same questions, e.g. in the style of BBC’s question time. On the technical side I also feel that if we were a little more organised we could ironed out a lot of technical problems that could of easily been avoided. E.g. having showreel’s already loaded in the computer, would have saved waiting & would have been more professional. In summary the event went very well, as a group we worked well together I personally feel our portfolio illustrates this & as well as the event itself, there is very little I’d change if I was to do this again!
Link: www.weston.ac.uk
Link: www.yourmediayourfuture.co.uk

1 x photo, 2 x links that need cut & pasting same as before. 258 words.2 of the speakers supplied showreels before the event that were loaded onto the imac in advance and two brought them on the day.
ReplyDelete