Thursday, 7 May 2009

BC2003 Working in Broadcast Media

Web Blog 5.

Group Event.



My day started by organising the front desk, as it was my job role to check delegates in giving them name badges, explaining the quizinaire and handing out cookie tokens. Unfortunately there were a few that turned up late, but as a group we decided to carry on without them. Once everyone was checked in and seated we were able to join in & watch the conference & guest speakers.

 


I found Cormack’s speech most interesting as I am most interested in journalism, subjects touched upon during his speech, are new concepts not learnt on the course, but very much tap into my interest in print journalism. Consequently I have decided to go back to my roots within the factual entertainment to focus my efforts in the future on the journalistic aspect of the media industry.

 

I found Jason Holmes show real really entertaining & riveting as it was the beginning of a programme, illustrating well that it is so hard to create a show real that informs people of exactly what you do.

 


I found Valerie’s speech interesting as it was more of a personal account of her route into the media, talking about highs & lows & manoeuvring & taking / making career decisions to get her next promotion / job. Conveying a holistic point that sometimes you need to take a step back in order to move forward.  

 


I found Laura’s speech also very interesting as again it was very much a personal account, but she tailored what she was saying very much towards the audience. E.g. 16 / 17 year old boys. I also liked the point she made about having a fall back plan, by all means be enthusiastic & keen to put yourself about in the media, but always having a back up if all goes wrong.

 


After the event we got the opportunity to sit with guest speakers over lunch to talk about the media industry some more.


Link: www.yourmediayourfuture.co.uk

Link: www.weston.ac.uk 

Link: www.heart.co.uk 

1 comment:

  1. 5 x photos, 1 x logo,3 x links that need cut & pasting (1 same as before) Good description of the effect of speakers on you.

    ReplyDelete