Thursday, 7 May 2009

BC2003 Working in Broadcast Media

Blog 4.

 Chairing the meeting.

 

Meeting number 7 I chaired, initially I wasn’t overly comfortable with the role, but as soon as the meeting got underway I slipped into the role comfortably. In this meeting we covered a lot of ground as it was the final meeting before the event. We finalised the Budget, with Kim giving us the low down on what was agreed with North Somerset & Sadie Skellon (He Funding co-ordinator for Weston College). North Somerset county council agreeing to give the full funding amount, requested of £750.00, & Sadie Skellon agreeing to give £500.00 of College money, giving us a total budget for the event of £1,350,00. We discussed the speakers & in which order we’d like them to appear on stage on the day, we decided as a team that Valerie Burke-Ward, Commissioning Editor would go 1st, Cormac Macmahon Heart Fm news editor would go 2nd, Jason Holmes Freelance Director would go 3rd, & Laura Abrahams Freelance Producer would go last. We decided to place them in this order based on their showreels & personal statements & how in this order flowed nicely, with one perfectly leading into the other. Unfortunately the actors cancelled last minute. Alecia confirmed that the performance space had been booked. Sam confirmed that the posters & fliers would ready in time. & I confirmed that the press release would have gone to press by the deadline. The only thing we were unable to get a definite answer on was the time scale on the banners being done on time. All in all it was a very good meeting, we covered a lot of serious matters, & I can say by the end of the meeting, I am now confident & happy to chair other meetings in the future.


Link: www.yourmediayourfuture.co.uk

Link: www.weston.ac.uk 

1 comment:

  1. Just desc. 297 words.2 x links that need C&P same as before.

    ReplyDelete