Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Day One Filming Across The Pond.

It was an 8:15am call, which meant we all had to be at the production office for about 8:00am. It was my role as producer’s assistant to meet & greet all involved on the production from the train station & drive them to the production office.  Today I picked up …… (actress) & Adam Jones director of stills photography.

 


At the production office we were greeted by the pleasant smell & delicious taste of toast tea, croissants, bagels  & other yummys. Whilst we were eating & getting to know each other on the days shoot, Havier , Brendan, Sam,  ran through the days schedule 1st thing we were shooting James (Havier ) in Grove Park. 2nd thing we were shooting James (havier ) at the hotel & 3rdly we were going to be filming James (havier) at the bus top.

 


It was my role as producers assistant to double up as continuity, so throughout the whole day it was my job to stand next to the camera, producers, & directors, scribing down notes, e.g. good, bad, boom dropped into shot, etc about each scene , I also noted the scene, e.g, scene 1, shot A (Grove Park) Take 1,2,3,4, etc. & I also took down the time code in e.g 00:00:00 & the time code out e.g.  00:00:58.



The day went very quickly, finished filming by 2pm, which on the day I was glad about as I was frozen! 1st lesson learnt wear lots & lots of layers of clothing! You can never wear to many & you can certainly take them off if you get too hot. 



http://web.mac.com/javierronceros/Site/Welcome.html

www.weston.ac.uk

http://picasaweb.google.com/acrossthepond.pilot 

2 comments: