Web Blog 1.
About the conference.
This module is about organising a media event. It will involve all the same sorts of production skills speaker & customer liaison that of which are similar to those involved in organising a film. We will look at event planning and management skills, budget planning, & time management. We will have to deliver an event including drafting & editing promotional material. e.g. websites fliers & posters. Initially we brainstormed ideas & came up with the idea of an interactive event aimed at school leavers encouraging them to sign up for the foundation degree, & or to continue to pursue a career in the media industry. But during the later stages of planning we had to change the direction of the event due to unforeseen circumstances. The event is still aimed at school leavers, but its main emphasis is to encourage youngsters to consider the possibilities of a career within the media. I am most looking forward seeing this project through, from concept to fruition, as I believe our idea of a interactive media event will tap into youngsters minds & will hopefully enthuse them to start a career in the media or persuade those already in the media to further their career. I am a little apprehensive about a few of the leadership roles involved during this module, but I hope I will succeed & learn to conquer my leadership fears.
Link: www.yourmediayourfuture.co.uk
Link: www.weston.ac.uk

151 words. No photos, links, logos etc just text. A short introduction to the module. It falls short of the "minimum 200 words per entry" requirement. Please lengthen and add photos, links, logos etc.
ReplyDeletenow 235 words + 2 links that need cut & pasting
ReplyDelete