
Whilst I was at TwoFour I felt I was discriminated against being dyslexic I didn’t feel on top of the world at the end of the week, as the entry level tasks I was given at TwoFour will always reflect badly on any dyslexic. Consequently I felt I learnt failure!
Work environments can be very stressful to those who are not familiar with a new location and for whom there is no guidance as to what is expected of them. This can be a disconcerting experience that can lead to illness. An example of this that is recognised is ‘freshers-flu’. It is all to easy for those who have become comfortable in their familiar working environment to overlook the effect that there complacency can have.
I felt that I was failing in my own eyes as well as in the expectataions of the staff at TwoFour who saw me taking a long time to achieve anything and judged that I was not capable of anything else. I did not get the opportunity to shadow other people and experience other aspects of the work.
Endemal structured the time spent there so even though one was in a different function each day, one was left in no doubt of the expectations upon you. TwoFour however has no such planning and is in danger of being accused of a narrow exploitation of cheep labour to cover only a task that the paid staff would prefer not to see themselves doing. Maybe there is some kind of cultural hierarchy that they see themselves above those who carry out less creative tasks that are still essential to bringing the product to the screen. Snobbery and elitism. In their conceit they fail to recognise that despite the small number of quality media jobs available, they still must work to attract quality staff with motivation, imagination and talent. TwoFour is in danger of weeding out the creative individuals with a mechanism that favours those who only blindly go through the motions.

1 x logo, 1 x link,
ReplyDelete