Sunday, 19 April 2009

Audience, Camera's & Running

Monday 2nd March 2009.

Web Blog  3.


For the 1st round of filming Sam & I sat in the audience  to get an idea of what the show was about. We watched Anne’s game unfold on the edge of our seats leaving with £9000.

 

After a short break I got to sit with the Camera guys who spent the majority of their time moaning about how someone had messed something up, & how it wasn’t their fault. In the 2min commercial break I got to do some focus pulling for the steady cam, which was interesting, I found it quite informative how the focus puller had written notes on his dial & would place his thumb to the said number(s) before that shot came up.

 

For latter part of the day I shadowed Steve Richmond Studio / floor runner. Under supervision I got to experience continuity & do some of the jobs a runner would be responsible for during recording.

 

During this session I confirmed with the contestant that Donds fact sheet about him was correct, for example Scott, 20 years old, customer service advisor tax & revenue department, Liverpool county council. Fanatic footballer, If he was to win big money he would like his own football sports & fitness company / club.

 

During filming it was my job keep track of the contestant & boxes this is called contestant mapping, this involves ticking off boxes as they are opened cross referencing names to boxes & recording offers as they are made.

 

For Example:

1st Offer            £5000                        No Deal

 

2nd Offer            £6.500                        No Deal

 

3rd Offer            £3000                        No Deal

 

4th Offer            £4000                        No Deal

 

5th Offer            £11,000                      DEAL

 

He played on as if he was still in the game, taking out £500, £10, £1. The 6th offer was then £26,000. So he dealt one offer too soon.


Link:

http://www.dealornodeal.co.uk 

 

1 comment:

  1. 1 x photo. Good description of your activities. Still no links though. Links are an important feature of blogs. No links will adversely affect your marks. Please put some in retrospectively.

    ReplyDelete